Why I started this blog.
I didn't really know what to call this blog. I do know that this has been and will be a "long walk". I'm not even sure I should be blogging about it. It's such a taboo topic in our world. The topic causes the most emotion...even in strong masculine men. It's primal. It's gut wrenching. It causes people to say things that they never would normally. It causes such a visceral stomach twisting reaction in almost everyone. I wanted to write a blog though because so many are affected when something like this happens. So many families are imploded and destroyed and just changed. Yet because the topic is so 'Ick" and causes such a visceral reaction in the regular population, there is so help for the families. There is very little sympathy. Don't get me started on books...there are no books on how to help a family, an individual or a parent when this happens to them. Yet it affects the whole family. I know I will get darts thrown at me. Some probably from my own family. 'Why would you air our dirty laundry?' "Why do you feel the need to share with the world what is happening." "This is private. We are struggling enough as it is." These are some of the comments I am expecting from loved ones.
But my need to share my story is because someone out there is exactly where I am. Another mother is out there struggling daily to love her adult child who has done the unthinkable. Another mother is out there with zero support, zero direction, zero light at the end of the very long dark tunnel that their child has thrust them into. I am writing this blog also for some release. To tell my story, because it matters, I matter. Regardless of what my son has done, he matters. Last but not least I am writing this blog to show that when someone chooses to sexually abuse a child, the world turns on them and sadly turns on their families. No thought is given to the families who are also victims, who were forced to deal with a part of society and life that we never wanted to deal with. We are also thrust into a prison of a different kind. I wanted to blog to hopefully shed some light on what this journey does to the accused and convicted loved ones.
I'm happy you have joined me on this journey, but I warn you....It is a very dark, long walk. I have no time or desire to care about any negative comments. Just because you think it, doesn't mean you need to say it.
So starting from the beginning....
Comments
Post a Comment